Fremantle Sunset

Fremantle Sunset

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Time Stops"

Hello all!
I realize that I have yet to offer any kind of summary or recap of my absolutely amazing adventures I have experienced thus far on my post-study travels, but I assure they will come in good time. Internet access is scarce, exploration opportunities are abundant, and quite frankly traveling, being fully present in the many awe-inspiring experiences I have had, and focusing on the incredible splendors surrounding me is infinitely more important to me than constantly updating this blog. Nevertheless, at some point in the future I will fill you all in on my various trip details, as these have (at least to me) been some of the most interesting and exciting days of my young life.

As I sit tapping my toes to a lovely jazz combo playing a luscious melody nearby, admiring a beautiful Melbourne sunset from the peaceful, funkylicious Federation Square, I figured I would share an amazingly fitting quote I received from my dear friend Clare Chambers recently. This comes from Paulo Coelho, an author of immense wisdom:

"When you travel, you experience in a very practical way, the act of rebirth. You confront completely new situations, the day passes more slowly, and on most journeys, you don't even understand the language the people speak. So you are just like a child out of the womb. You begin to attach much more importance to the things around you because your survival depends on them. You begin to be more accessible to others because they may be able to help you in difficult situations. And you accept any small favors from God with great delight, as if it were an episode you would remember for the rest of your life. At the same time, since all things are new, you see only the beauty in them, and you feel happy to be alive."

I just wanted to assure you all that I am seeing the beauty in all things, and that I am indeed very, very happy to be alive.
Love and miss you all very much,
Paddy

No comments:

Post a Comment